The collection

Paintings by Gustav and Ernst Klimt and Franz Matsch, as befits their original location, are on display as part of the exhibition dominated by theatricality and sensuality of characters, continuity of form, diaphanousness and softness of material and dim lights, but with an emphasis on the nine imposing temperas on canvas that arrived in Rijeka in 1885 from Vienna thanks to the architectural firm Fellner & Helmer as well as the mayor of Rijeka Giovanni Ciotta who hired them.

The design of the exhibition is the work of Claudio Cetina, a professor at the Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti in Milan, while the multimedia and audio content was realised by Studio 507 from Ljubljana.

photo: Milan Đekić